Wednesday, March 28, 2007

on the scale

something heavy and something light:

1. http://www.boston.com/news/education/higher/articles/2007/03/25/genocide_games/

2. True story:
Bono was playing a U2 concert in Glasgow recently, when he asked the audience for total quiet.Then in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds.
Holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone, "Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."
A Glaswegian voice rang out from near the front of the crowd, piercing the silence........
"Well, fuckin' stop doing it then!"

1 comment:

Erik said...

That Bono story made me laugh, and then i thought about it again and it made me laugh again, and now as I'm typing this comment I keep laughing. Oh my god, that Glaswegian is funny.