Thursday, February 01, 2007

Uma, my love

Uma suffered from a brain aneurysm yesterday morning while visiting her fiance in New York city. She was rushed to the hospital and underwent a "successful" surgery. They have her now sedated while the fluid/swelling in her brain subsides; this will likely take 5-7 days. At that point, they will be able to assess the brain damage with scans, etc. John, Erik, Erik's Mom and Uncle, Uma's Dad, and Jason are all there. I plan to go down as soon as possible. I am in a state of shock and despair. This world is not ready to let Uma go. No. Fucking soul-carrying birds, don't you caw at her.
Please pray for her and her family.

Uma singing kareoke on a recent trip to Boston.

4 comments:

Michal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelle said...

Stay strong girls! I'm sending Uma, and all the rest of you all the positive energy and well wishes I can muster. Though I've never met Uma it's obvious from here posts/comments here that she's an amazingly strong woman who will make it through this.

Much love,
chelle

volvojon said...

It's never too late to start praying and that's what I am doing right now. Uma is one of a kind and such a wonderful person and Erica, I will help fight off those damn birds with my pellet gun because there is no way in hell they are taking her from us...nope, no way!

Clif said...

Erica and Jaci, I don't know if Roland and Lillian ever told you, but I had a ruptured cerebral aneurysm in 1999.

People do survive them pretty unscathed. Best wishes for your friend.